Jury finds Central Falls man guilty of murder

 

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Attorney General Peter F. Neronha announced that a Central Falls man has been found guilty by a jury in Providence County Superior Court of the 2014 murder of 38-year-old Robert Bullard in Providence.

 

On February 21, 2024, following the conclusion of a five-day jury trial before Superior Court Justice Robert D. Krause, the jury found Malcolm Querido (age 36) guilty of one count of second-degree murder.

 

The defendant is currently being held without bail at the Adult Correctional Institutions (ACI).

 

“It is always a tragedy when someone is murdered, but it’s easy to forget the impact that reverberates out from a single death,” said Attorney General Neronha. “In a moment’s decision, this defendant hastily killed another man over a petty dispute, leaving the victim’s loved ones behind to suffer. He will now finally face the consequences of his crime. I am grateful to the Providence Police Department for their hard work and collaboration in this case.”

 

During the trial, the State proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant murdered Robert Bullard, stabbing him to death after a dispute between the victim and a woman.

 

On September 7, 2014, the victim arranged to with a female at an Allston Street apartment in Providence, which she shared with the defendant. An argument ensued and the woman began to yell at which point the defendant burst into the room and stabbed the victim to death. The woman called 911 and the defendant fled the scene. First responders transported the victim to the hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

 

“Accountability for those who commit violent crime is paramount to maintaining public safety,” said Providence Police Colonel Oscar L. Perez. “I am thankful for the hard work of our officers and investigators, as well as the Office of the Attorney General, for their investigation and prosecution of this case.”

 

Assistant Attorney General Eric Batista and Special Assistant Attorney General Alison Bittl of the Office of the Attorney General and Detective Robert Washburn (retired), Detective Bill Mattera, and BCI Detective Doug Allin (retired) of the Providence Police Department led the investigation and prosecution of the case.

 

 

Opening statements are expected Monday in former President Trump's criminal trial in New York. The six alternate jurors have been seated and the 12 jurors are already in place. The former President is accused of falsifying business records in order to cover up payments allegedly made to an adult film star just prior to the 2016 election.       New York police say the man who set himself on fire outside the Donal Trump trial drove from Florida to New York City earlier this week. The man had some papers with him that detailed conspiracy theories involving local politics. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition.       President Biden is taking jabs at Donald Trump while rallying union workers in Washington, D.C. Biden delivered remarks at an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers conference on Friday, where he said some people, including Trump, "learned the best way to get rich is inherit it." He also said those people " learn that paying taxes is for working people, not the super wealthy."        The House is expected to vote for final passage of House Speaker Mike Johnson's foreign aid package over the weekend. The House approved a rule vote today to begin debate on individual bills to provide military aid for Israel, Ukraine, and Taiwan. In an unusual move, Democrats voted with Republicans to advance the legislation as many conservatives voted no.        The FAA and United Airlines are investigating a video that appears to show a Colorado Rockies staff member in the cockpit during a flight. The incident happened during the team's April 10th chartered flight from Denver to Toronto. In the video posted on social media that has since been deleted, an unauthorized person appears to sit in the pilot's seat. United Airlines says at least two pilots have been removed from the job.       Horror film "Abigail" is looking to take the top spot at this weekend's box office. It's expected to make between 12-million and 15-million-dollars in its first weekend. "Abigail" is expected to just beat out last week's winner "Civil War" for first place.